NASHVILLE – December 12, 2013 – From the producers of “Jersey Shore” comes the most outrageous PARTY DOWN SOUTH, premiering Thursday, January 16 at 10:00 p.m., ET/PT on CMT. This new one-hour, 10-episode series follows eight young, brazen adults for one wild summer of extreme fun. Their summer vacation spot, Murrells Inlet, South Carolina, may never be the same after these fast friends work, party and bond with one another over their common love of the South.
The PARTY DOWN SOUTH cast includes:
• Josh “Murray,” 31 (Louise, MS) – A southern teddy bear, this 300-lb. lovable guy somehow always ends up in a fight, even though he claims to never be the instigator.
• Lyle, 28 (Lafayette, LA) – A momma’s boy from the backwoods swamps of Louisiana. He’s a down-home gentleman with a Cajun swagger and a southern smile that ladies can’t resist.
• Ryan “Daddy,” 33 (Orange Beach, AL) – This ladies’ man has an appetite for courting danger and he never leaves home without his best friend, the beer funnel.
• Walt, 26 (Frankfort, KY) – A drifter with an appetite for danger and the inability to say no to a dare.
• Lauren, 21 (Pineville, LA) – This hell on heels parties hard and likes to get her extensions dirty. She’s a firm believer in living her life with no regrets.
• Mattie, 24 (Gheens, LA) – A former beauty queen who is never shy to speak her mind. She loves being the center of attention almost as much as she loves partying.
• Taylor “Lil Bit,” 23 (Rockingham, NC) – Nicknamed for her petite size, this country girl isn’t afraid to stand her ground. Her two favorite accessories are her guns and her Bible.
• Tiffany, 25 (Eunice, LA) – A farmer’s daughter who is not afraid of speaking up and letting everyone know where she stands. As her roommates can attest, she definitely knows how to talk.
For more information on PARTY DOWN SOUTH and exclusive content, visit CMT.com, “like” the show’s official Facebook page, be part of the conversation with #PartyDownSouth and follow @CMT and the cast on Twitter.
PARTY DOWN SOUTH is produced by 495 Productions, with SallyAnn Salsano, Joel Zimmer and Kyle Simpson serving as executive producers. Jayson Dinsmore and Melanie Moreau executive produce for CMT.
CMT, a unit of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB), is the leading television and digital authority on country music and entertainment, reaching more than 92 million homes in the U.S. CMT and its website, CMT.com, offer an unparalleled mix of music, news, live concerts and series and is the top resource for country music on demand. The network’s digital platforms include the 24-hour music channel, CMT Pure Country, CMT Mobile and CMT VOD.